Answered By: David Woolwine Last Updated: Oct 21, 2016 Views: 103
Answered By: David Woolwine
Last Updated: Oct 21, 2016 Views: 103
- On the Library home page, click on the blue Databases by Subject tab
- From the Databases by Subject select the alphabetical list of databases
- Choose the letter C and look for Current Research at Hofstra database which provides copies of dissertations produced at Hofstra Searching under the letter D you will find Dissertations & Theses which provides indexing and abstracting (and sometimes a PDF preview) of a larger number of dissertations and theses produced at Hofstra and many other institutions.
- Once you locate a dissertation/theses you would like to obtain, and if a full-text is not available in the database, click on the Find It At Hofstra button in the item record and you will be directed to Interlibrary Loan home page where you may complete the information and submit the request. You may also access the Interlibrary Loan services directly under the link Popular Services on the Library homepage. You may have to create an account, using your standard log in credentials, and submit your request.
- Under Guides and Tutorials on the University Library homepage there is a guide to Open Access resources. This contains a tab for theses and dissertations which will provide you with links to some other sources for open access dissertations and theses.