Answered By: Georgina Martorella Last Updated: Nov 15, 2016 Views: 85
Answered By: Georgina Martorella
Last Updated: Nov 15, 2016 Views: 85
Hofstra University provides access to a wide variety of electronic books (eBooks). One way to search for eBooks in our collection is the following:
- Go to the Library homepage (http://www.hofstra.edu/library/). Click in the OneSearch blue bar. OneSearch will allow you to search across most of our resources in one search. Enter your terms (topic or subject area you are interested in) in the box and click Search.
- A list of results will appear. Scroll down the left side of the screen until you see Resource Type. You will see a link "show more." Click on the link and a box will pop up. Check off eBooks and click on Update.
- Your result list will now only show eBooks.
- Some of the eBooks will be available in our catalog and you can click on the link to the catalog. Once in the catalog you will see the link to the eBook.
- Some of the books will be available in the Ebsco eBook database. You can open up the book or download the book to your computer or a mobile device.
You can also SEARCH THE CATALOG (blue bar on the homepage) for eBooks.